Solitude is a breeding ground for resentment.
- MULDER: Why did you name your dog Queequeg?
- SCULLY: It was the name of the harpoonist in Moby Dick. My father used to read to me from Moby Dick when I was a little girl, I called him Ahab and he called me Starbuck. So I named my dog Queequeg. It's funny, I just realized something.
- MULDER: It's a bizarre name for a dog, huh?
- SCULLY: No, how much you're like Ahab. You're so consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or mysteries, everything takes on a warped significance to fit your megalomaniacal cosmology.
- MULDER: Scully, are you coming on to me?
- SCULLY: It's the truth or a white whale. What difference does it make? I mean, both obsessions are impossible to capture, and trying to do so will only leave you dead along with everyone else you bring with you. You know Mulder, you are Ahab.
- MULDER: You know, its interesting you should say that, because I've always wanted a peg leg. It's a boyhood thing I never grew out of. I'm not being flippant, I've given this a lot of thought. I mean. if you have a peg leg or hooks for hands then maybe its enough to simply keep on living. You know, braving facing life with your disability. But without these things you're actually meant to make something of your life, achieve something earn a raise, wear a necktie. So if anything I'm actually the antithesis of Ahab, because if I did have a peg leg I'd quite possibly be more happy and more content not to be chasing after these creatures of the unknown.
Like blood from a fucking stone
*The above are a few of my favorite looks from the collection*
Arabic – Both morbid and beautiful at once, this incantatory word means “You bury me,” a declaration of one’s hope that they’ll die before another person because of how difficult it would be to live without them.
Because we can’t say these things to the people we want to say them to, or because the people that we talk to don’t listen to us, or because we don’t have anyone to talk to, we put them here instead. Our words, our feelings, we abandon them here when they can’t stay inside us any longer, so at the very least someone somewhere can understand or make use of it.
The people I know don’t ever really listen to each other, we drink and talk about what we did the other day, no one talks about ambitions or dreams or ideas, so we talk about internet memes and how wasted we get, and when we’re not talking we shove cigarettes in our mouths, or complain about the people that annoy us.
Hyperreality Dimension XX was a resounding successsss And now they have an online catalogue so overseas chumps like me can make a purchase of the amazing amazing art sans the opening night free booze.
These two are my work, first one is David and Golion, Archival Ink on Hahnemuehle
Paper, 50X70cm. 8 more left. 180 dollars
2nd one is The Violent Monster Region, Archival Ink on Hahnemuehle
Paper, 50X70cm. 10 mor left, 350 dollars.
Rest of the catalogue is here
Ok , I have decided that sunny is my good girl crush , and Minzy is my badass girl crush!